COMES W/POTATO WEDGES OR FRIES + COLESLAW + SODA
Crispy Whole Wings
$5.99 – $14.99
- Buffalo sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- Ginger-soy glaze:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 2×1″ piece of ginger, peeled, sliced
- 5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For buffalo sauce:
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead. Let cool completely; cover and chill. Rewarm before using.
- For ginger-soy glaze:
- Bring all ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7–8 minutes. Strain into a medium bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 5 days ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm before using.
- For wings:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Divide wings between prepared racks and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil; top with a wire rack. Add half of wings to ginger-soy glaze and toss to evenly coat. Place wings in a single layer on prepared rack and bake until glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized, 8–10 minutes.
- Toss remaining half of wings in Buffalo sauce. Serve immediately (no need to bake).